Tuesday, July 15, 2008

bloomsforblogsday

It's been awhile since I participated in the garden bloggers' blooms day, not for lack of blooms nor intention. Mostly for a lack of calendar-awareness.
I thought I would focus on blooms from seeds I started earlier this year.

Pansy 'Morpho Blue'


Amaranth 'Oeschberg' variety


Teeny, tiny multi-colored coleus


Castor bean plant and it's developing seed pod

Nasturtium-'Black velvet' , not quite black, but ...


And finally, the first of the tomatoes-'Cherokee purple' heirloom variety

There are also some black violas that need to re-bloom but that might have to wait 'til next time.

1 comment:

Carol Michel said...

I like how you focused on the plants that have grown from seed since this spring. It is amazing how quickly a plant can grow and flower, starting from seed.

Thanks for joining in for bloom day, and I hope you contiue to be "calendar aware" so you can join us each month!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens