Saturday, May 3, 2008

all in

Things are growing. This is good.
But some are things I haven't asked for, (hello mr. bindweed)
and some I can't find (chocolate joe pye weed?)
I attacked the front bed, my back can attest, and I'm about 1/4 of the way through it. How did people work the fields from dusk to dawn without the miracles of ibuprofen?
I had 3 batches of false indigo, two were great but one was pretty sad under the growing shade of the neighbor's Kentucky coffee tree.
So today, after an hour's digging, I moved it.
Afterwards I read about its strong tap root and resistance to mobility so I hope it recovers. I can live with no blooms this year, but its foliage would be missed.
Next up, 'Gateway' joe pye weed is taking a trip to a sunnier spot. I hope this move isn't as intense.

No comments: